Liberty Christian Ministries is looking for a new pastoral worker. We welcome applications from both men and women, for either a part or full-time position. We are also willing to discuss other creative employment solutions (for example, the possibility of job-sharing).
The two key priorities for Liberty’s new pastoral worker will be:
• Pastoral support for same-sex attracted Christians within the Liberty network, via phone calls, email, face to face meetings and our small group network
• Platform speaking at churches and ministry events (as appropriate within a complementarian framework), including Sunday service deputations (approximately once a month)
Other aspects of the pastoral worker’s role will be built around the gifting, experience and aptitude of the right candidate. These may include (but are not limited to) the development of small groups and training of leaders, coordination of Liberty events, generation of theologically and pastorally oriented written content for publication, administrative and fundraising responsibilities, and so on.
Key convictions, knowledge and experience include:
• Commitment to our doctrinal statement (http://www.liberty.sydney/about-us/what-we-believe/doctrinal-statement/) including holding to the classic biblical view of sexuality (http://www.liberty.sydney/about-us/what-we-believe/);
• An active member of an evangelical church;
• Theologically and pastorally minded, and willing to apply themselves to ongoing learning in this area. Some formal theological qualifications are an advantage;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Previous experience in pastoral care of those with same-sex attraction is an advantage;
• Able to work harmoniously and productively as part of a small team while also being self-disciplined and self-motivated.
The successful applicant/s will report to the Liberty Committee at monthly meetings, will undertake professional supervision and meet regularly with the Liberty Chair or another delegated committee member. Remuneration is provided as a stipend plus tax-free allowances, and will be based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant/s.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to Dominic Steele (Liberty’s Chair) at